BATTLE ROYALE – V.1.11 PATCH NOTES
- Season 2 of Battle Royale begins Dec. 14!
- Season store is replaced with the Season 2 Battle Pass.
- Get in the Holiday Spirit!
- The update includes the limited-time Snowball Grenade Launcher, a festive Battle Bus, and other gifts waiting for you around the island.
- Express Yourself!
- Emotes and emoticons can be earned as rewards via the Battle Pass or can be purchased in the Shop.
- Equip up to 6 and trigger them in game with B (keyboard) or Down on the D-Pad (controller).
- Compete in solos or with friends to complete the two new Daily Quests.
- Top 50 Solo
- Top 12 Squad
- Updated a few Daily Quests:
- “Search Chests” changed from 5 to 7
- “Search Ammo Boxes” changed from 10 to 7
- “Pistol Eliminations” changed from 3 to 2
- Anyone already on these quests will have their progress reset.
- Added support for 21:9 displays and any other ultrawide resolutions.
- Added animations for sliding down cliff sides.
- Added animations to turn head to reticle while sprinting diagonally.
- The “Combat Pro” controller configuration will now be the default configuration for new players.
- No change has been made to existing users.
- Soccer and Basketballs now have smoother movement. How long can you keep the ball in play?
- Fixed an issue that caused actual damage dealt to not match up with damage numbers on screen.
- Floating damage numbers would sometimes be one digit higher than the actual damage dealt due to rounding issues.
- Chests no longer appear unopened at a distance when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up items that overlapped looted chests and ammo crates.
- Build mode blueprints are now hidden after using a Launch Pad and while DBNO.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from taking fall damage if they had 1HP remaining.
- Fixed a broken animation that occurred while switching between certain equipped items.
- Fixed the Renegade Raider outfit’s head so it doesn’t clip through the helmet anymore.
- Character models now animate properly when rotating in place.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to “search” items like bushes and furniture, causing them to wiggle and play an audio cue.
- These types of items are now only searchable in the Save the World co-op mode.
- Reduced aim assist prioritizing DBNO players.
- When throwing grenades, a trajectory will now be visible that previews the arc the grenade will follow.
- Renamed some weapons for consistency.
- “Assault Rifle (Scope)” is now “Assault Rifle with Scope”.
- “Assault Rifle (Burst)” is now “Burst Assault Rifle”.
- “Submachine Gun (Suppressor)” is now “Suppressed Submachine Gun”.
- Legendary assault rifle drop rate decreased by 25% in floor loot and chests. Drop rate from Supply Drops will be unchanged.
- Reduced pump shotgun shot queueing time.
- Reduced from 0.4 to 0.2 seconds. (It is now the same as all other weapons.)
- This will reduce the chance that players will misfire the weapon.
- Updated the icon for the standard grenade.
- Removed controller aim assist slow while scoped.
- This will make it easier to use sniper rifles with a controller.
- Pump Shotgun now correctly queues shots the same as all other weapons, reducing chances of an accidental extra shot being fired.
- Sniper rifle projectiles no longer pass through other players under non-ideal network conditions.
- Hit impacts from a sniper rifle play on the correct location of the enemy player now.
- Fixed an issue that allowed bullets to pass through player built pyramid structures.
- Fixed issue causing smoke beams to not play when weapons were fired.
- Improved the game mode selection flow and UI.
- This should make it much easier to select a game mode with a controller.
- When opening your inventory, the mouse cursor will now always appear in the center of the screen on PC and Mac.
- The Code of Conduct is now displayed directly in the game UI, rather than opening an external page.
- The Inspect button for Battle Royale Daily Challenges has been moved to the bottom bar.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Push to Talk” binding from being removed when selecting the “Reset to Default” button in the Save the World settings.
- Using the “Report Player” option in Duo or Squad will now auto-fill with the name of the player that eliminated you instead of your teammates name.
- Fixed some missing localized text in various languages.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Daily Challenges” scroll bar from working with a controller.
- Improved visibility of the number of players remaining on each team in 50v50 mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused some options in the settings menu to disappear when the player was eliminated while the setting menu was open.
- Fixed an issue that caused player’s health and shield bars to appear empty on the victory screen.
- Improved the audio cue that plays when hitting the generators found in the world.
- Previously, it was playing similar audio to the ceiling/wall traps.
- Clap audio is now adjusted by the SFX slider in the audio settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to hear bullet whiz-by audio that was not heard by the person they were spectating.
- Dance emote music no longer continues to play for others when the dance is cancelled.
- Various optimizations to interactive objects such as doors to improve overall frame rate.
- Minor frame rate improvements by optimizing weapons.
- Eliminated many hitches which could happen the first time you encountered a player’s skin or weapon in a match.
- Fixed an issue with particles that caused hitching as the time of day changes.
- Improved server performance by optimizing how physics are updated.
- Fixed performance issues with ladybug ambient particles in the world.
- Fixed an issue with the storm safe zones that could cause poor server performance.
- Greatly reduced CPU usage of in-game party and chat systems.
- Fixed an issue with the memory allocator on XB1 and PC which caused degraded CPU performance
- Improved CPU rendering performance on Xbox One and PS4
- Xbox One X scalability tweaks to improve CPU performance under heavy load
- “View Match Results” is now bound to V by default.
- Fixed an issue causing the total XP earned on the Match Stats screen to be inaccurate.
- Traps now add to the “assists” and “damage dealt” stats.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly gave an assist credit to a player for simply hitting another player with a pickaxe before being eliminated.
- “Total Headshots” is now equal to the number of headshots achieved instead of the amount of headshot damage that the player dealt.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Damage Taken” stat to be less than 100 after being eliminated.
- Shots fired during the warm-up zone no longer affect the player’s “Accuracy” stat.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly awarded the “First Kill” XP bonus to every player that got an elimination during the match.
- Projectile weapons will now add to the “Accuracy”, “Hits”, and “Critical Hits” stats.
- Added the ability to invite players to your party through Discord on PC.
- Added full voice chat support to Mac.
- Enabled Twitch login support for Battle Royale.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from connecting to the “Friends Only” leaderboards.
- Fixed a crash related to the voice chat feature.